Saturday, October 31, 2009

Early Blizzard

We had snow Thursday night. I think we caught the edge of the storm as Western Colorado and Nebraska received more. I arrived home just an hour before I-70 was closed from here to Denver.

The drift on my front step.

I was poky getting outside this morning, so it is already beginning to melt.


I believe the apple tree will give up its leaves after this.



Indy, my dog, was eager to get out. He loves to play in the drifts.




Even the geese have decided it's time to go!

5 comments:

Aunt Dinah said...

I'm with Indy! Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! I can smell the clean, crisp, invigorating air.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Congrats on the beautiful white stuff..we got it too. It made me want to hibernate:(

Vonita said...

We got 8 inches here. It sure isn't lasting long, though. Beautiful pictures, Mary.

Tipper said...

Wow-snow. I hope we get at least one good one this winter-you already have : )

Barry said...

We have yet to get out first snow fall. Although your pictures are beautiful, I can wait.