Tuesday, August 26, 2008

SCORE!!!!!


Isn't that what the young women say when they find a great bargain. Between thrift shopping and garage sales this past weekend I came away with a mountain of fabric. Most will probably go to the church for our "Whatever" (Philipians 4:8) craft group baby quilts and projects. There are some large pieces, lots of solids for binding and backs. Also I got a pre-quilted Snoopy panel, so just add binding and some little baby has a new blankie.



This piece I will keep. The colors are much brighter than depicted here. I just love looking at it. What should I do with it? Placemats maybe? Any ideas??



This is all wool. The background piece is 4 yards, the cut pieces are about 6 1/2 by 8 inches. I've been thinking of weaving a rug from wool. Do you have any ideas what to do with the cut pieces? They look like recyled suiting material, maybe. If there is a craft use for these, I could list them on Etsy or Ebay. Better yet, if you can use them, let me know and I'll mail them to you. There's a large stack of them. I also got some similar sized pieces of corduroy and a synthetic suede/ velour. I've been to collecting a variety of corduroy colors to make a bedspread, so those have already been recut and stored away. The velour will be given to a friend who uses it for quilts for her grandsons.

Lastly, the double knit in the "collection" will go to another church who uses it for mission quilts.

Yeah! May these fabrics live happily ever after with renewed purpose.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Glad you were able to find such nice stuff! You did indeed "score"!