Friday, June 26, 2009

How Long is Yours?

I'm tired of the raccoon look. I just ordered a nose guard to attach to my sunglasses. This summer I've been trying to remember to wear long sleeves and a hat when I mow. No matter how big my hat is, my nose still gets too much sun. Now that the temperatures are breaking 100, it'll be difficult to continue covering up. The damage was likely done years ago, but maybe I can keep it from advancing. I hope this gadget will work without being uncomfortable. I don't care if I do look like a dork.

I had to measure my nose to know what size to order. I was surprised to find that I was a medium. I've always felt that I had a BIG nose. Two inches looks much smaller on my sewing gauge than it does on my face! Now I understand. My nose isn't too big, my face is too small.

The guard shown is a padded one. There is a lighter weight one which I ordered. There are probably other places to get them, but I only found them at Sungrubbies.com.



You can view both at Sungrubbies.com.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Glad to hear that you are taking precautions against sun damage and skin cancer. Who knows, you may start a trend in your area!

Aunt Dinah said...

What will they think of next? Hope it works well for you. And applause for protecting your skin and your health.

Vonita said...

when do we get to see a picture of you with it on? :))

Girl Tornado said...

Oh this is funny, but hey, sometimes it's whatever works! And I agree with Aunt Dinah, applause for protecting your skin!