Sunday, January 18, 2009

My Aching Knees


My son-in-law had some surplus insulation from a demolition project. It looked like a lot, but I needed a lot more. My garage has never been "finished" so I hoped insulating might make the house warmer. I started on the west wall because it gets extremely hot in the summertime. The walls are 10 feet tall and I had a 7 foot ladder. That means having to stand on the top step to reach the top of the wall. I started by rolling the insulation out on the garage floor, measuring and cutting the length I needed. Up the ladder to stuff it between the studs, staple both sides working down the ladder to the floor. Then down on my knees again to cut. It's a good feeling to look at one wall finished. I hope I can walk tomorrow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks great but oh I bet you are sore!

Vonita said...

You are quite the handyman, Mary. Hmmmm, would you like to move in with us? lol

Anonymous said...

Can't tell you how much I admire your gumption and your fearlessness. However, please be careful when you're at home alone on top of things like TALL ladders. Last fall a friend of mine in his 60s got up into a tree with a chain saw and fell out. He suffered VERY serious injuries that caused him great suffering and which will take a long time to heal.

Far Side of Fifty said...

You are a trooper! That is quite a project to do yourself! Way to go! :)